Day #19
Andrew has passed the 5lb mark and is doing well. He is bottle feeding for most of his feedings and even nursed from mommy yesterday for the first time. He is still desatting in clusters and thus does not get enough oxygen. He has a canula again and is being supplemented with some oxygen. Molly has been able to spend more time with him lately since all the holiday business has subsided. I am back to full workdays but am able to come up to see him after work.
We praise the Lord for his direction in chosing a hospital. The hospital closest to home is not covered by our insurance so we were chosing between a 30-45 minute drive. We opted for the 45 minute drive because Molly's mom had delivered several of her children at Waukesha Memorial and was pleased with their care. Waukesha is also a little closer to work than the other option. Now I can clearly see God guiding our decision knowing that we would need an excellent NICU and WMH has one of the best in the state now. Truly God orders our steps as we follow Him.
I am sorry for not posting more pictures recently. I am able to add posts and edit posts at the hospital but I have to use my work connection to upload pictures and therefore don't always have opportunity to stay after work and do so. Thank you for your patience and I promise to post more pictures soon. :-)

1 Comments:
You are getting bigger and bigger. Just don't forget to breathe!! I pray for you that you'll continue to grow stronger and stronger so you can come visit me! :-)
Post a Comment
<< Home