Andrew Micaiah Swaffer

A Chronicle of the Life of Andrew Micaiah Swaffer. Andrew was born two months prematurely to Brian and Molly Swaffer. We praise the Lord for His protecting hand on Andrew's life and health. Newer postings are at the top of the page with the oldest postings being archived by date. If you are just starting to follow Andrew's progress, please start with the oldest posts in order to catch up to where he is currently.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

From Mom

Wow! We never imagined having a little one over the New Year. God has been so good to us, and we are ever so greatful for the progress that He has allowed Andrew to make.

Dr. Saran was in this morning, and we were able to talk to him about how the little guy is doing. He is very pleased with the progress. There are a few things that he is watching closely, but nothing is critical as of right now. Andrew is still being left on the forced air due to several episodes of desats. I (as his mommy) just think he gets very excited and forgets that he has to smile, move, and breath all at the same time. Hey, that's a lot of work for such a little fellow.

His weight improves every day, and believe me, I can tell! Bottle feeding has been entertaining, but he is doing much better each day.

We are hoping to have him home next week, but we refuse to get our hopes up. We are just so thankful that Andrew is doing better, and we will patiently wait until everything is where it must be.

Daddy will update again later.

2 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are doing so well Andrew!! I have been prayinf for you. Wish I could come up there and see you in person!!
Love,
Aunt Lynetta

 
At 11:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yippee!!! Glad to hear that everything is still going so well! We will keep praying that you remember to breathe, even while you have to do other things, Andrew. :-) I talked to your mommy and daddy last night, and they were excited that you are getting fatter. Keep growing and we hope to see you come home soon! Love, Aunt Lana

 

Post a Comment

<< Home